Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help us with Habitat Grey Bruce and our Neyaashiinigmiing Build! We appreciate you and your group taking the time to partner with us. Without your help we could not provide energy efficient and affordable homes for families in need in our community.
General house keeping while onsite.
- No Experience Necessary
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Anyone who is 16 or 17 years old and working on the construction site must have a parent/guardian sign the Release and Waiver of Liability.
- If you have not used our Book-A-Shift webpage you will need to fill out a registration and waiver, on site. Please sign the daily log book when on site.
- All volunteers must wear CSA (green tag) Steel toed boots on site. Habitat Grey Bruce has several pairs of boots that can be borrowed for the day.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and all volunteers on site must wear a hard helmet and long pants. Habitat Grey Bruce has several Hard hats that can be borrowed for the day.
Build day Schedule
- All volunteer hours are appreciated. Volunteering with Habitat Grey Bruce is very Flexible
- Build day Begins at 8 am with an orientation.
- Coffee, water and snacks are provided at 10 am
- Lunch at 12 pm. During Corporate Team Build days lunch is provided and promotional pictures are taken
- Coffee, water and snacks are provided at 3 pm.
- Daily wrap up at 4:30 pm
Carpooling and Directions
- Click HERE for map to the Build site. Build site is located 1km east of Cozy Cats Bed & Breakfast
- Carpooling is available from various locations such as; Owen Sound ReStore, Wiarton and Port Elgin. Please contact the Resource Coordinator / (519) 371-6776 Ext. 103 for a ride. Provide 48 hours notice if you require the carpooling service.