** Very Important: Currently,
volunteers at Saugeen are limited to residents of the Community but Nayaashiinigmiing is open to volunteers from anywhere in Ontario.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help us! We
appreciate you and your group taking the time to partner with us. Without
your help we could not provide energy efficient and affordable homes for
families in Grey and Bruce Counties.
Build Locations: After logging in, click on [Event Calendar]
on the left and then select the specific Build site in [Categories].
First Nation - 4 houses; 765 French Bay Road, 55 Eagle St, 58 Cameron St, 18
· Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation in Neyaashiinigmiing
on Kaikaiknong Crescent
General housekeeping while onsite.
- No Experience Necessary
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Anyone who is 16 or 17 years old and working on the construction site must have a parent/guardian sign the Release and Waiver of Liability. Click here to print this form.
- If you have not used our Book-A-Shift web page you will need to fill out a registration and waiver, on site. Please sign the daily log book when on site.
- All volunteers must wear CSA (green tag) Steel toed boots on site. Habitat Grey Bruce has several pairs of boots that can be borrowed for the day.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and all volunteers on site must wear a hard helmet and long pants. Habitat Grey Bruce has several Hard hats that can be borrowed for the day.
Build day Schedule
- All volunteer hours are appreciated. Volunteering with Habitat Grey Bruce is very Flexible
- Build day Begins at 8 am with an orientation.
- Water and snacks are provided at 10 am
- Lunch at 12 pm. Please bring your own.
- Water and snacks are provided at 3 pm.
- Daily wrap up at 4:00 pm